COMPANY PROFILE & EXPERTISE
Hospitality Training Institute was founded in 2002 as a response to the constantly unsatisfactory quality of Hospitality and Tourism services in Czech Republic. From the very beginning the Institute reached its aims and objectives through targeted advice and training especially for SMEs in rural areas, through participation in education and development projects and involvement in professional networks. Over time, the Institute expanded its activities to the support and development of sustainable tourism and small business as a family farming, crafts, food production …. in disadvantaged and rural regions, and to protection and renewal of destroyed food and culinary heritage.
The Institute has legal form of civic association. Its´ membership base is made up of independent experts from various areas as hospitality, tourism, education, research and ICT.
The main objectives and activities of Institute are:
• support, consultancy and training for SMEs in tourism services
• initiation and support of small business start-ups in rural regions
• cooperation with public authorities in area of regional development and tourism
• development of specific training and education programs in response to local, regional, national and international needs of companies and employees
• realization of national and international projects
• research in hospitality, tourism and regional development
• support, protection and promotion of regional food traditions, small farming, food & crafts production
• support of sustainable development in disadvantaged regions through traditional small farming, artisan food & crafts production and tourism services
• networking of various actors in rural areas to reach the small sustainable economy chains
Over the years, the Institute has created a wide international pool of experts in many different areas as hospitality, sustainable tourism, regional development, tourism research, traditional small farming and food production, E-learning programs & applications, cultural heritage, destination marketing & online marketing, smart destinations etc… and became a respected organization providing services at high professional level.
Hospitality Training Institute cooperates at the level of VET training, projects and other activities with Regional Tourism Authorities in five Czech and Moravian regions, with Chambers of Commerce, Local Action Groups and many other public or private institutions. Joint activities in research, education, strategic planning and analyses are performed together with Czech It – Institute for Strategic Studies in Tourism – leading Czech body in tourism research & development. After 15 years of activities, the Institute created built-on-trust contacts with hundreds of enterprises and other stakeholders in Czech Republic and Slovakia.